Saturday, March 12, 2011

The Opposite of Adults

It seemed to be ages ago when I first heard Chiddy Bang's 'The Opposite of Adults' (sampling 'Kids' from MGMT). Their sound is amazing and I highly recommend their debut album, The Swelly Express.

There was a listing on craigs looking for a photographer for a free live music event some time ago and I figured I'll do it just to gain more experience at concert photography. But little did I know, that the free event was organized by Chegg.com and guess what? Chiddy Bang was the headlining act! I guess the icing on the cake was that Dev who did 'Bass Down Low' and was sampled for 'Like A G6' was warming up the crowd.

It was a BLAST! Dev got the crowd pumping and Chiddy Bang literally shook the house. I swear I thought the venue was going to collapse (It was on the 2nd floor of a relatively old building). Chiddy is an amazing free-stylist. They got the crowd to suggest eclectic words for Chiddy to rhyme. I do have the video recording of that as well as the crowd partying. I just need some time to process that. Anyway, check them out! You won't be disappointed.

Crowd getting ready for Dev

Dev performing 'Like a G6'

Chiddy taking the mic

Xaphoon Jones getting suggestions on words for Chiddy to rhyme as he free-style

The rest of the set is here.





No comments:

Post a Comment